Sunday, February 08, 2009

Mt Hood to Columbia River

Sorry for the lag in posting lately folks. Things have been a little busy around here in a number of ways. Here are a couple images and some info behind them.

The first one is Mt Hood, Oregon at sunrise just above Timberline. When shooting sunrise or sunset landscapes most often it's nice to have some nice clouds in the sky to give added color and interest to the scene. That said sometimes you can find other points of interest when the sky is lacking to fill the void. On this morning I focused on the texture of the snow just after the sun popped over the horizon and gave some nice shadow and highlight detail.

The second is along the Columbia River just West of the Hood River Bridge. This evening was a lesson in patience that I sometimes need to be reminded of no matter how many times I have been out photographing. On this evening Mother Nature reminded me very well. The sunset was pretty lacking, I had been out since sunrise and I thought I should head home to the family. I also thought it would not get any better. Just at sunset time, shortly after this shot, I packed up and headed out. Well, sure enough once I got on the Hood River Bridge and looked West the sky lit up. The drear gray clouds that looked like nothing was going to happen with them came alive. This is a reminder to me and to you, wait all the way through. The sky changes by the minute and who knows what will be next!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home