Monday, September 01, 2008

Sunset On The Columbia

Our original plan this Labor Day weekend was to take Rowan for her first backpack trip and then over to Eastern OR to visit family. Yet, she did not get well enough for the backpacking or the road trip so we stayed home. Last night was the only chance I had this weekend to run out for photos. I had a feeling this stormy weather was going to bring a pretty nice sunset. When I showed up on the shore of the Columbia River a intense thunderstorm was rolling through. After the thunder, lightening and down pour of rain passed... I was left with this pleasant scene. The more vibrant of the two photos was taken while I was about knee deep in the river. Feet firmly planted in the clay mud, it took some extra effort to get out of here!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home